By promoting education and awareness regarding environmental conservation and safety management at Kumamoto University, the center aims to maintain a satisfactory setting for students studying at the university and ensure the safety of its staff and students, and in doing so, contribute to the overall promotion of education and research.
In cooperation with the Central Safety and Health Committee of National University Corporation Kumamoto University and the Facilities and Environment Committee of National University Corporation Kumamoto University, the center will perform the following duties in the educational and research activities of the University:
- (1) Education, research, support, and enlightenment related to safety management (Excluding items that fall under the jurisdiction of the National University Corporation Kumamoto University Radiation Protection Committee or the Kumamoto University Safety Committee for Type 2 Use of Living Modified Organisms, etc.).
- (2) Education and research, support, and enlightenment related to chemical substance management.
- (3) Education, research, support, and enlightenment related to environmental management.
- (4) Education, research, support, and enlightenment related to waste management (excluding infectious and radioactively contaminated waste), including reuse and recycling activities.
- (5) Making proposals to the chancellor regarding measures the university should take based on prior events
- (6) All other necessary services related to the operation of the center